Discolorations on tooth surfaces?
Remove them with Icon®: A simple, minimally invasive treatment option
Unsightly white and brown spots on tooth enamel are common. Often present from when the tooth first comes through, they can be an embarrassment for patients. Especially if they are on the front teeth. Attempts to camouflage them with teeth whitening often make the spots even more noticeable.
In the past, these blemishes could only be treated with traditional fillings or veneers, requiring numbing injections with anaesthetic and significant drilling of the teeth.
The Icon® resin infiltration system represents a revolutionary treatment approach in one quick, simple and painless appointment.
How it Works
The spots are first lightly polished and, after treating the surface with a special gel, the tooth is coated with a highly fluid resin which penetrates deep in to the enamel imperfections. The Icon® infiltrant is designed to mimic the surrounding enamel, creating the optical illusion of healthy enamel with uniform colour and long-lasting results.
- Much less drilling and less expensive than the alternatives of fillings or veneers
- No anaesthetic injections needed
- Can be done sooner than other cosmetic options like veneers that you have to wait until growth is complete
- Untreated spots often look worse after bleaching. Spots treated with Icon® will whiten similarly to the natural tooth enamel
- One quick, simple & painless visit
Icon® is not the same as a traditional filling. Traditional fillings require drilling and the removal of healthy tooth structure. The new resin infiltration method with Icon® means that healthy tooth tissue can be preserved.
One of our patients, treated at Sunlight Orthodontics:
If you are interested in having your enamel white & brown patches removed, please contact us
- Orthodontic patients: £60 per tooth
- Other patients: £75 per tooth plus £30 consult fee (consult fee redeemable on treatment)
Call 0151 645 5473 or email email@example.com