White & Brown Enamel spots: New treatment available!
(Posted on 26/02/20)
Do you have discolouration patches on your teeth?
Unsightly white and brown spots on tooth enamel are common. These developmental defects are often present from when the teeth first come through.
Attempts to camouflage them with teeth whitening often makes the spots more noticeable, because whitening treats only the outer surface of the enamel.
In the past, extensive drilling of the teeth for traditional fillings or expensive veneers were the only options.
The ICON resin infiltration system represents a revolutionary approach. The enamel is lightly polished and after treating with a special gel, the tooth surface is coated with a highly fluid resin which penetrates deep in to the enamel imperfections and mimics the appearance of the surrounding tooth structure.
- Much less drilling and less expensive than traditional fillings and veneers
- No anaesthetic injections required
- Can be done sooner than veneers that have to wait until growth is complete
- Untreated spots can look worse after bleaching. Spots treated with ICON will whiten similarly to natural tooth enamel
- One quick, simple & painless visit
The picture shows a treatment completed at our practice. More before and after pictures can be seen here.
Typical costs are £60 per tooth for our orthodontic patients and £75 for others.
If you are interested in having ICON treatment, contact us on 01516455473 and we'll be happy to help.
Call 0151 645 5473 or email email@example.com